Wednesday, June 27, 2012

West Yorkshire England

West Yorkshire, England.  Home to the Kershaw and Blamires Families.

In Mary Kershaw's cemetery record it lists her birth place as Warley, England.  Warley is near Halifax in WEST Yorkshire.

Lambert Blamires, son of Mary Kershaw was born in Bradford, Yorkshire, England.

The County Yorkshire West Riding was abolished in 1974 and broken into West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Cumbria, Lancashire, Greater Manchester, and Humberside.  Our Kershaw and Blamires would be from the present day West Yorkshire. Warley is roughly 8 miles from Bradford.

Bradford will be in the Bradford Parish and Warley in the Halifax Parish.  I am hoping to do some research in these Parish records.


West Yorkshire, England

The Maypole Inn in Warley Town, West Yorkshire, England
Areal View of Warley Town, West Yorkshire



Bradford Forster Square  1900

Bradford, West Yorkshire, England





2 comments:

  1. Hello, I am Robert L Kershaw in League City, Texas (near Houston). I have recently traced my paternal lineage to Jacob Kershaw (1748-1814)and Hannah Bennett Kershaw (1747-1839, married in 1768) to Bradford, Yorkshire, England. Do you have any information on these people...occupation, area of residence, religion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked on my family tree and I don't have anyone listed as Jacob Kershaw. My closest to that date is Abel Kershaw b. 1744. His father is James Kershaw and mother is Grace Mitchel.

      Delete